#pregnancyworkouts for Week 34 (6 more weeks to go!). This is #workout no. 7. This #baby is definitely an active one, I can tell. It will start moving/kicking when I’m resting but when I’m exercising, the baby moves less (I like to think the movements mommy is doing is soothing for baby). I also have incorporated a lot of squats (sumo & deep) as it is considered the most effective #birthing position. Some benefits if #squats in #pregnancy:
1) shortens second stage of labour (pushing phase)
2) reduces the need for forceps or vacuum deliveries & episiotomy.
3) relieves back pressure
4) shortens the depth of your birth canal.
5) works with gravity! Squatting also tilts the uterus and pelvis forward, which places the baby in proper #birth alignment.
Here are the exercises:
1) tricep dips on bench- 10reps
2) sumo squats- 10reps
3) plank to push up combo (knee on ground)- 10reps.
Please help #sharethis post to other #mommies to be. Thanks!